For anyone to experience virtualization, the start point is VMware Workstation, no exception to me as well. Using workstation anyone can setup a simple lab with minimal resource.
Workstation has grown a lot today and you can do so many things. With Workstation 12 Pro release, integration with vCloud Air has enhanced alot. You can manage your entire vCloud Air VPC with Workstation 12 Pro.
How to connect your workstation to vCloud Air.
Its simple, from the home tab, click connect to vCloud Air –> Provide valid creds –> You are done
Within minutes it will collect all data in your account and ready for use.
With this integration you can
- View your complete vCloud Air inventory
- View the Virtual Machine Console
- Perform all VM power operations
- Upload workstation VM to vCloud Air
View your complete vCloud Air inventory:
View the Virtual Machine Console:
Perform all VM power operations
Upload workstation 12 VM to vCloud Air:
Right Click WS VM –> Manage –> Upload
Select vCloud Air –> Select your vDC –> Finish
And your VM in vCloud Air
- Only Workstation 10 version VM ( you will have to downgrade if the VM version is greater than 10)
- Only Windows virtual machines, no support for other OS flavours
Expecting much more features in future.