vCloud Air – Two interfaces ?
Everyday I talk to lot of vCloud Air customers, often I hear feedback vCloud Air UI is confusing.
The confusion is two interfaces, which is vCloud Air portal and vCloud director portal
According to me
- vCloud Air Portal is simple and quick
- vCloud Director Portal is advanced and comprehensive
The reasons why vCloud Air offers two interfaces
- vCloud Air service leverage vCloud Director (vCD) to host the cloud services, vCD is well liked IaaS product from VMware.
It is still used by many of the service providers to deliver IaaS cloud
- The users who are very new, vCloud Air portal offers a simple / minimal view and can do the things within few clicks
- Many of the VMware customers are familiar with vCloud Director UI, for them it is easy to adopt vCloud Air
- Many of the advanced users, leverage APIs / SDKs for automation. Providing access to vCD makes them easier to use APIs and automation tools such as vRealize Automation and vRealize Orchestrator
- Thorough vCloud air you can purchase multiple DCs from multiple available regions, vCloud Air portal acts like unified portal to manage / monitor all the VDCs